UPDATE: Due to rapidly increasing material and engine costs, we are not currently producing any turn key hovercraft or hovercraft kits. We will reevaluate if market conditions change.
The Phoenix is a light sport hovercraft designed to be very simple and affordable to build. Quality design and engineering by the LSH team minimizes the parts count and expense without sacrificing the high performance and aggressive styling desired by beginning and veteran hovercraft pilots alike.
|10.75 ft length x 5.25 ft width
|Molded fiberglass deck and hull with core materials and flotation foam core
|1 person/300 lbs
|23 hp single cylinder 4-stroke
|3 gallons, detachable
|35-40 mph (maximum)
|1-1.5 gallons per hour
|25-30 mph (cruise)
Phoenix hovercraft features:
1. Molded fiberglass hull with flotation foam, tow hooks, handles, and engine mounts installed
2. Molded thrust duct trimmed and ready for installation
3. Two molded rudders and all installation hardware
4. Molded lift air splitter plate
5. 23 horsepower V-twin engine with muffler and mounting hardware
6. Ultradrive belt reduction drive with Poly Chain carbon belt
7. Stainless steel fan guard and mounting hardware
8. High performance fan
9. Joystick or handlebar kit with steering and throttle cables
10. Fuel tank and fuel lines
11. Battery and marine grade cables
13. Vinyl coated polyester skirt material and skirt templates
14. UHMW landing skids
15. All stainless steel hardware and fasteners for assembly
See the Phoenix in action:
The Phoenix is filled with great design features which increase performance and drastically reduce build time:
|The battery, fire extinguisher, and wiring are all neatly stowed inside the bench, making the topside of the Phoenix very tidy. This makes them easily accessible but protects them from the elements.
|The Phoenix has a compartment in the nose that provides easy access to the control cables, as well as space for safety gear, drinks, camera, etc.